Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Magic of Dragonflies



Last month, I bought some plastic and colorful dragonfly clips, which are actually for plants, but I plant to use it as a form of fashion accessory. I had bought these at an orchid show by an art reception that I attended. Later, I started to think about the symbolism for dragonfly. 



 Dragonfly is similar to butterfly because they both have to do with change. And, lots of things going on around me have been trying to encourage me to change in some way in order to move on. I have noticed some kind of changing happening around me, such as businesses closing down, people moving away, or I am losing interested in events that I once enjoyed. Maybe these are all signals that it is time to move on to other areas, or at least the next chapter in my life, in which I am not actually sure what it is yet. 


 

I like this video because it also is about living in the present moment, and meditating about a deeper meaning of life. I think that I suddenly stumbled upon these dragonfly clips to remind me that I understand that life isn’t what it appears to be, but it has a much deeper meaning. It is covered up by all kinds of dark and twisted shit in order to make it appear differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment