Sunday, October 11, 2015

October 2015 Update



Saturday, October 10, 2015

As I browse through the October 2015 issue of California Style fashion magazine, I notice lots of traditional outfits but with a twist. You probably already own most of these traditional pieces, such as pea coats, knit vests, crewneck sweaters, shirts, and crewneck t-shirts. But also add funky items, such as long gloves, hair in a high bun over the head and gemmed hairclip for décor, and over-the-knee boots. Makeup and clothing colors tend to be warm-toned in browns, beiges, turquoise, peach, and gray or taupe. If you love color, then consider the warm, rustic colors of the autumn leaves in your yard.
 

Last night, when I returned home from the documentary film that I watched at the Center for Living Peace, I noticed a bag by my doorstep. It is probably from my mother, who often compiles her leftover food that she doesn’t want to throw away, and sends it to me via one of the relatives. I checked out the food, and the foods and the first thing that I noticed were boxes from Kentucky Fried Chicken. Does that fast food restaurant still exist? I haven’t even seen one in a long time. When I saw the boxes, it took me back to the seventies because that was probably the last time that I ate at that restaurant.  Then, I noticed some corn on the cob, which I like, but I am afraid the ones here have GMOs. There was also half a watermelon, which I hope isn’t contaminated with anything. There was also some Tupperware of wild rice, in which I actually bought brown rice bag when I went to Trader Joes. There were also some Dolmas, which is rice wrapped in grape leaves and soaked in olive oil. After I eat this food, I want to detox afterwards so that it doesn’t stay in my system too long. Most of the food was still warm, but it was late and I wasn’t hungry during this late at night hours. I might eat it for breakfast, especially the Kentucky Fried Chicken boxes. It was comprised of Cole Slaw, mashed potatoes, gravy, and two biscuits. The biscuits got my attention because I used to love it when I was a kid, living in WV. But I haven’t eaten biscuits in a long time, and I was recently thinking about making vegan version somehow. Actually, when I was looking at the Kentucky Fried Chicken boxes, I was hoping there was a box for some chicken for Gumby to enjoy. 

Fast-forward to Saturday morning, where I woke up at 6:45am, and Gumby encouraged me to get out of bed and make his breakfast. I heated the Kentucky Fried Chicken leftovers and had half of it for breakfast, while I saved the other half for lunch at noon. For fast food, it was still filling and I couldn’t finish it all during one meal, although I have always loved mashed potatoes, Cole slaw, and biscuits. I also drank coffee, black tea and green tea with every meal today, mostly for detox purposes.  Also, while eating these Kentucky Fried Chicken leftovers, I kept having flashbacks from when I was a kid eating at Dairy Queen a lot, mostly on pouring rain days.


No comments:

Post a Comment